I've been reading these messages through the day... And without meaning to
offend anyone on the list... Is America really that bad???  You guys make it
sound like everyone's on the verge of boiling over into walking, raging,
vendetta stalking Charlie Bronson's!!  :^)

One question that springs to mind is... Why don't you just walk/drive away?
If you ignore it, then maybe the other person will just get bored and get on
with their life.  Do you have to thump/shoot someone to 'prove yourself a
man'?  I was always brought up to believe that you were more of a man if you
could walk away from a fight.  What's the point of all the aggression,
where does it get you?   Shot?  Beaten beyond recognition... DEAD?

It appears that tempers seem to be simmering wherever you turn nowadays...
And you'll get punched, or shot, for just looking the wrong way at the wrong
moment.

Buying a gun 'because everyone else has one' is bringing yourself down to
that level.  Retaliating with fists is just the same.

Maybe it's because I don't live in a society where everyone you know has a
gun hidden in the house.  Yeah, we have crime, yes we have Road Rage, but by
no means on any level that is comparative to what we seem to here about the
US.   I can only assume that guns are so prolific in the US that there is
just about nothing you can do to remove them from the street.

I'm not trying to start a flame war, or offend anyway, so forgive me if I
have.  I've just read a lot of comments on the mailing list today that seem
to be pro-aggression, and pro-guns.  The more people that buy guns, the less
chance you ever have of getting rid of them from society, and what does this
teach our children?  Mum and Dad have guns, so it's ok for me too... And as
a result, in the next generation, there won't be a family without a gun...
What a great future that leaves us and our children with!!

I guess it's difficult to comprehend when you don't live in the US.  But
then if it's that bad, why not get out?   The world is a big place, with a
lot of areas with less violence than the US?

Ok, I'll shut up now!!  :^)

Why don't we get back to some nice peaceful coding!!   hehehe  Can't get
shot or beaten for that can we?  :^)

Catch ya

Nick