>Sadly, we've been discussing this issue for more than 30 years. It's
>understandable that the WWII generation might have been willing to
>criminalize marijuana (believe it or not, it didn't used to be illegal),
>but their children's generation is now in power, and still it remains
>illegal.

It's all about politics. It's not safe ground for any politician to talk legalization.
It's too risky and it's just not worth it. I'm sure many of our recent leaders (almost
all of had some exposure to drugs), would privately say legalize it. It's going to
take a gutsy statesman to make anything happen in this arena.

Lee