Now this I CANNOT agree with.

To have Religion, to have beliefs which one holds immutable and correct based on
Faith, does NOT make one weak in ANY WAY!
It may be true that the weak willed cling to such beliefs to give their life meaning,
and thus indulge in Religion for the
wrong reasons. (recall my post about the woman who felt that Jesus had come again and
was in Rapture eh? Isn't it
ironic..don't ya think? *chuckle*).

Religion has its purpose, and that purpose is the Spiritual development of the
individual. (Yes I belive in a soul, in
Spirit.And I'm probably going to hell hee hee hee ;-> )

No I do not believe that any one Religion holds the ultimate key to salvation. I
believe religion is but a tool, a mechanism
for self development and self advancement. Whether you find your fulfillment as a
Hindu, as a Muslim..as a Christian..as a
baptist..as a rastafarian..as a Satanist..it is what it is. Positive fullfillment,
positive vibratons.It is YOUR spiritual
development and growth.

That is the truth behind all religions...and they are ALL similar. Hinduism,
Christianity, Pentecostal, Jehovah
Witnesses..Celtic..Mayan..Egyptian..they all correlate in many ways.

They all represent mankind seeking answers. And unable to find those answers in the
'real' world around them.

And perhaps the number one question and the most elusive answer, is an explanation for
Death and what happens after.All
Religions always come around to this one sacred 'Mystery' and article of Faith, in one
way or the other. What happens to the
human being when it dies.

Over the years we've said that the Mayans and Incas were wrong and foolish to worship
the sun as their God...we all know the
sun is just a planet, and have more or less explained away the power it weilds over
our life on earth.

What if we similarly break down the energy patterns and wavelengths of the human soul,
and prove it exists, and this same
energy flows all around us? What then? We would have explained one of the "Mysteries"
of several religions. How far away
would we then be from explaining the other most crucial question of our Genesis?

What if we never explained this, but instead through science we conquered Death.
What would then happen to our Gods? Would we then need religion to explain something
that Humankind could potentially stave
off for as long as one wished?

Hence what is the PURPOSE of Religion? What role does it play in our lives.
When we close our eyes, still our minds and concentrate and 'pray'...what are we
really doing?
Is there really some all knowing, all seeing deity that hears our prayers?
Or do we simply send out our own thoughts, our own vibrations..or our own 'karma'
....that eventually seeks us again as a
'blessing'..("you get out from life what you put in")?

Do we commune with spirits be they ethereal or of nature..or do we instead enrich our
own spirit by our meditation. Whether
in the arcane dance of Tai Chi, or the silent meditation of the kneeling child under
the peaceful shadow of the Immaculate
Conception (an act no less arcane if one follows the meaning of the word)?

When someone swears..and I mean SWEARS to you, that they have seen Guidance in their
lives. That they have been touched by
some force..some event so co-incidental, so..'right'..that they feel they have been
led down a path...or seen salvation.

When someone speaks of Destiny, and some Divine Plan (as I grudgingly admit I perhaps
probably maybe have seen...coincidence
is only coincidence up to a point)...what are they really saying? Are they ALL
completely Crazy?

Even the rantings of a madman holds truth...the source perhaps of their madness could
be contained within their babblings.

BUt there is alway some shred of truth..some meaning behind it all.
Is there not?

So many questions...and theories..none of which I would purport to have the answer to.
And thus I look upon anyone who discounts Religion and the notion of a Soul, or
'God'/'Goddess' as 'weak', with great
cynicism (After all..if they've solved these mysteries they are several times smarter
than I am..and that really is
unlikely..*smirk* ).

Who is stronger?
One who Believes in something, and lives their life by that code, right or wrong,
whether it makes their life easier or more
difficult....
Or someone that believes in nothing but what they can see, touch, and feel..or in just
themselves?

-Gel
"What Is The Muffin?"-???

p.s. I just came from drinking to see an old Friend back off to the United States
where he will be married this year...hence
I hold no assurance that anything posted above is from me in my right frame of mind,
and I reserve the right to contradict
myself in the future ;-) hee hee