An 18 year old with a corvette should pay a higher rate than an 18 year old
with a 10 year old POS, but I see where you are going.

And they will.  Insurance companies take into consideration the value of the car as well as it's potential to cause damage to other people and property.  Talk to your insurance agent and ask what your insurance would be for a Lamborghini, and it won't high entirely for the value of the car.  Those actuarial types are not afraid to tackle any number of factors in their calculations.

I was told back in the day, that some insurance companies will actually refuse to insure young drives in high power vehicles.  Too much liability for them.

Ian

Confidentiality Notice:  This message including any
attachments is for the sole use of the intended
information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
distribution is prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender and
delete any copies of this message.