> If we drive safely, then we dont have to worry about
> (as many) accidents, so the size of my SUV or the strenght of
> its bumper is a moot point, because its not going to hit anything.

Its not a moot point because even though you may not intend to get into an
accident, it could happen despite how safe you are at which point your
vehicle size and weight becomes an issue. Look, the point is, some people
have a need for them, no problem with that.... Thye tend to be the people
who drive them carefully and do not shotgun around town like some 16 year
old who just got his/her permit. The SUVs I question are the ones driven by
people who drive them for no other reason than to boost their ego, feel
bigger than others, show off, or enjoy some sense of comfort at the expense
of the poor sedan they ran into on accident.

> If you choose not to buy a safe SUV, that is your choice.
> You want to be safe, make yourself safe, dont try to drag me
> down to your level, its just not what this country is about.

No one is dragging you down to my level, whatever the hell that is supposed
to mean... And you do raise a good point... Lets also focus on the drivers,
not just the vehicles. Well I do agree, we need to make changes to both! I
am focusing on the vehicle moreso the driver because that is where this
discussion led.