At 15:29 6/30/2004 -0600, you wrote:
>you forgot to mention that the terms of Cheney's retirement mean that
>he is still getting payments from Halliburton as we speak. It simply
>stretches my credulity to consider the proposition that he does not
>have a vested interest in Halliburton profits.
>
>But to me the over-riding issue is the Patriot Act. Re-electing Bush
>would be like saying hey, we really didn't like the Bill of Rights
>anyway.
>
>Dana

Perhaps I'm not in the light about this.  I'm asking that someone clue me
in.  But as far as I know, the money Cheney is getting is deferred
compensation for work already provided before he was VP.  He does have
about half of million stock options in HAL but considering the type of
options that CEOs get they were most likely were already deep in the money.

This does constitute a financial relationship, but I fail to see how Cheney
really benefits if HAL makes more money.