What I am saying is that American news media, by and large, is biased in
it's reporting. Until last Tuesday you hardly heard a thing about the Sudan
(most people don't even know where it is), Afghanistan (nothing to speak of
about the Taliban until last Tuesday). But REAL NEWS, ah, there you go. Oh,
sure, O'Reilly brings on a token liberal here and there. Then he smugly cuts
them off in mid-sentence when the disagree with him. You will NEVER find
him, as you would not find Rush, in an open setting debating anyone where he
(or the news station) cannot control the situation. EVER.

Chandra Levy and Gary Condit! NOW THAT WAS NEWS. ALL FOUR CABLE NEWS
CHANNELS, 24x7, non-stop. Let me see, why focus on that so heavily? Hmm. I
wonder. Could it be that the stations are fairly biased towards
conservatism? Probably. Could it be that making so many (unsubstantiated)
allegations and smearing someone on TV who is (barely) a Democrat could end
a career and maybe put a (real) Republican in office? Surely. And all the
while there is a world with 6 billion people, 30 active wars or
insurrections, dictatorships, exploration, scientific breakthroughs, etc.
and they focus huge resources on that. Oh, the poor, starving media. But
they are stoic, no whining here. Ugh.

The Seattle WTO Conference. Let me guess, the media ONLY shows a very small
minority of Anarchists on the news each night, fighting with police. Almost
nothing about the largely peaceful side and WHY they are there. But hey, the
government (and the corporations that run it) are going to have the next one
in Qatar. "What?", you say. "That is an Arab country". Muslim. Why, yes,
that's right. And they have very strict and express laws against any form of
demonstrations and media coverage will be controlled.

Howard, I find it funny that you seem to think we are all so stupid and you
have all the answers. That we have no idea what is going on.

Grand conspiracy? No, I don't think that. I just think that the vast
majority of media is owned and operated and ultimately controlled by
conservative companies that want to keep what we hear and see to a minimum,
what they think we should hear and see. No, it is far more subtle than that.
It is the removing of almost any reporting on what our major corporations do
and get away with. It is a total lack of what I remember from the 60s and
70s of really hard, biting journalism. Frankly, the corporations just could
not have it. What do you see on the news about Exxon/Mobil, Shell or Chevron
and the civil rights abuses they help perpetrate in Africa or Indonesia? Not
a thing.

Please, Howard, do not insult our intelligence.

-Gary