From: G [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2004 9:47 AM
To: CF-Community
Subject: Re: Assault Weapons Ban Question

Your average gun-rights folks are fine with the ban, Marwan. Problem is, the
NRA lobby doesn't necessarily represent your "average" pro-gun citizen. The
NRA will fight any and all laws that restrict gun ownership in any way shape
or form.

So to answer your question, the part of the ban that says "you cannot own
this type of gun" is unacceptable to the NRA.