I'm probably opening up myself to a royal flaming, but I cannot see
the connection between the other freedoms and the second amendment.
Most democracies do not have firearms enshrined in their constitutions
yet they do not exactly look oppressed. For intance, Canada, Britain,
Australia, New Zealand, Germany etc. are not what you would called
hotbeds of tyrrany, unless that is of course you're looking it from
the viewpoint of some sort of gun-nut or firearms fan-boi.

larry