If a negligent pet owner is outed, while an obviously devoted one is vindicated, and no dogs were permanently injured.......i'd say this situation worked out about as well as could possibly be imagined. Thats great news Ben. Hope a faithful owner steps up to adopt the little fella who got hurt.

Few things get me as riled up as animal neglect/cruelty.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Ben Densmore
  To: CF-Community
  Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2004 11:11 AM
  Subject: Re: Dog question(Update)

  I got a call from the Director of Animal control from the next town
  over from me. It seems the owners of the other dog abandoned the
  pomeranian at the vet and gave a false name and address. The dog needs
  to have his eye repaired but is otherwise ok. She had the dog in her
  lap while she was talking to me.
  She told me the dog will NOT be released back to the owners.

  My dog however has to be quarantined for 10 days. We live in a high
  rabies area I guess and the state requires that my dog be quarantined
  to make sure he wasn't infected.

  Ben

  <snip>