I got a call from the Director of Animal control from the next town
over from me. It seems the owners of the other dog abandoned the
pomeranian at the vet and gave a false name and address. The dog needs
to have his eye repaired but is otherwise ok. She had the dog in her
lap while she was talking to me.
She told me the dog will NOT be released back to the owners.

My dog however has to be quarantined for 10 days. We live in a high
rabies area I guess and the state requires that my dog be quarantined
to make sure he wasn't infected.

Ben