"more than a few posts are downright belligerent".

Maybe, but I still think they have been the exception, most were apologized for, and most forgotten or deleted.

It's a far cry from the IRC room I ran for several years, where the relative obscurity of the written medium seemed to unleash peoples' worst furies. *shudder*

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Angel Stewart
  To: CF-Community
  Sent: Thursday, July 29, 2004 11:30 AM
  Subject: RE: Interesting Quote

  Actually, people are so polarised about the election and the war on Iraq, that
  more than a few posts are downright belligerent :-)

  These are from the civil, open minded people as well as the people that are
  supposedly either far right or far left...or stuck in the center...

  -Gel

     _____

  From: Doug White

  I agree.  Most of the posts on recent threads on this discussion list are
  expressed in a civil manner, are in depth examination of the issues, and very
  intelligent conclusion drawn.

  A very few posts are so intellectually empty, they do not even deserve any more
  than the delete key.

  ---