http://veterans.house.gov/hearings/schedule108/feb04/2-4-04/aprincipi.html
STATEMENT OF THE HONORABLE ANTHONY J. PRINCIPI
SECRETARY OF VETERANS AFFAIRS
February 4, 2004

Closing

Mr. Chairman, VA has achieved numerous successes
during the last 3 years that have significantly
improved service to our country’s veterans. We have
enhanced veterans’ access to our health care services
that set the national standard with regard to quality;
improved the timeliness of health care delivery;
expanded programs for veterans with special health
care needs; dramatically lowered the time it takes to
process veterans’ claims for benefits; and expanded
access to our national cemetery system. The
President’s 2005 budget will provide VA with the
resources necessary to continue to improve our
delivery of benefits and services, particularly for
veterans with service-connected conditions, those with
lower incomes, and veterans with special health care
needs.

http://www.veteransforpeace.org/Bush_cuts_vet_benefits_041503.htm

http://www.seattleweekly.com/features/0315/news-anderson.php