Looks like Robert has made up his mind, huh? :-0)

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Robert Munn

  >I guess it's normal to have people with both good and bad opinions of
  >someone like Kerry in Vietnam.

  Give me a break. Kerry spent fourh months in Vietnam on a boat. On a boat, not
roaming around in the jungle. My father did two tours in the jungle in Vietnam
in '62 and '63 as a Green Beret. And he didn't do it so he could come home and
launch a political career, either. He did it to serve his country.

  Kerry did four months, got himself "wounded" just enough to get out fast and
get back to the U.S., then promptly became an anti-war activist. It is clear to
me that Kerry had a plan from the very start to make a political career out of
his service and he spun everything he could to max effect to launch that career.

  Then he stood up with a bunch of anti-war activists and threw out his medals.
Or wait, did he? Apparently now that he's running as a war candidate his story
on that front has changed.

  More importantly, what has John Kerry done since he got into the U.S. Senate?
Kissed Ted Kennedy's ass for the last 20 years, that's what. The guy is a
back-bencher, a second-rate Senator with nothing to recommend him other than the
fact that he's not Bush. That may be enough for hardcore Democrats, but that's
not enough for me. Dems should have gotten Hillary to run, at least she would be
a credible candidate. I don't even really like her, but she's done more in three
years in the Senate than Kerry did in 20.