> Are you suggesting that someone must lose a limb or
> some kind of major
> trauma in order to get a purple heart?

Not at all, but a splinter?
If you read chapter 3 you'd know that his commanding
officer denied him the purple heart stating it looked
like a rose prick and witnesses said there was no
enemy fire, it was self inflicted.

http://humaneventsonline.com.edgesuite.net/UnfitCh3.pdf

> No offense Sam, but this would be like me directing
> you to Fahrenheit 9/11
> for my sources.  One thing I don't get is that
> Kerry's had shipmates around
> him praising his actions in Vietnam, but somehow
> we're listening to other
> people who haven't been proven to be around Kerry at
> that time.

That's another problem for Kerry. He used the picture
of his swift-boat group for his campaign. 11 of them
had to sue Kerry to get them to stop using their
photo. Out of 19 only two support Kerry. He brought it
on himself.

-sm