--- Marlon Moyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Mr O'Neill said: 'We don't understand why Kerry would
make the centrepiece of his campaign an exaggerated
account of his four months service in Vietnam 33 year
ago, but since he is,
we believe that the public is entitled to the truth
about his service and his charges about war crimes and
atrocities.'

They also claim he went back and re-enacted scenes for
his home movies.

> Tell me, how exactly do you direct grenade shrapnel
> or rifle bullets so that
> you get "wounded just enough"?
>
> I can think of a lot better ways of starting a
> career.

The Kerry campaign showed the Boston Globe a one-page
document
listing Kerry’s medical treatment during some of his
service
time. The notation said: "3 DEC 1968 U.S. NAVAL
SUPPORT
FACILITY CAM RANH BAY RVN FPO Shrapnel in left arm
above elbow. Shrapnel removed and apply Bacitracin
dressing. Ret
to duty."

When Kerry appeared at sickbay, Dr. Letson asked, “Why
are you here?” in surprise, observing
Kerry’s unimpressive scratch. Kerry answered, “I’ve
been wounded
by hostile fire.” Accompanying crewmen then told Dr.
Letson that
Kerry had wounded himself. Dr. Letson used tweezers to
remove the
tiny fragment, which he identified as shrapnel like
that from an M-79
(not from a rifle bullet, etc.), and put a small
bandage on Kerry’s arm.

Read Chapter 3:
http://humaneventsonline.com.edgesuite.net/UnfitCh3.pdf

-sm