  From: Doug White [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Sent: Friday, August 13, 2004 1:24 PM
  To: CF-Community
  Subject: Re: Washinton Post issues mea culpa for prewar coverage

  Because many consider the NYTimes and the Post as authorities, that is why.
The
  main statement being that they were duped by believing the Administration's
  rationale.

  I can appreciate the fact they are doing a re-assessment of reporting
policies,
  and conspicuous by their absence are the right wingers, many of whom still
think
  there are WMD in Iraq, and that Iraq was responsible for 9-11.  Also they
are
  not concerned that Afghanistan has taken a back seat to the Admin's
prosecution
  of his "war,"  and leaking Pakistani Intelligence for political re-election
  purposes.