For what it's worth I know several right-wingers that believe that Saddam
order the 9/11 attacks.

I also know several (several of the same) than still argue that Bush won the
popular vote in 2000.

I also know several left-wingers that believe that Bin Laden has already
been captured but is being "saved" so that Bush can make an election winning
announcement.  Several also believe that big oil companies have conspired to
keep electric cars off the road.

I've got two friends that believe that the reason Bigfoot has never been
found is that it's actually a trans-dimensional alien visitor.

People believe all sorts of things: those people that any of know represent
such a vanishingly small amount that you can't make any blanket statements
based on it.

However it is very clear to me that the Bush administration made very clear
inferences to connections between Saddam and Bin Laden.  Did they ever say
it outright?  No.  Did they do everything in their power to create the
impression of link, damn straight.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2003-09-06-poll-iraq_x.htm

http://www.csmonitor.com/2003/0314/p02s01-woiq.html

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2003/09/16/cheney_link_of_iraq_91
1_challenged/

You may also want to check out the excellent book: "All the President's
Spin" from the makers of the http://www.spinsanity.com/ website (a truly
excellent resource).  The site (and the book) are both moderate minded and
favor neither side.

It seems clear to me that the Bush administration was aided by and actively
fostered the idea of a link between Saddam and Bin Laden.

Jim Davis