LOL.  Especially about Big Foot.  I guess the Folks that I think are right
still have a ways to go.

Andy
  -----Original Message-----
  From: Jim Davis [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Sent: Friday, August 13, 2004 2:12 PM
  To: CF-Community
  Subject: RE: Right-wingers - Iraq & 9/11 Was ( Washington Post issues mea
culpa for prewar coverage)

  For what it's worth I know several right-wingers that believe that Saddam
  order the 9/11 attacks.

  I also know several (several of the same) than still argue that Bush won the
  popular vote in 2000.

  I also know several left-wingers that believe that Bin Laden has already
  been captured but is being "saved" so that Bush can make an election winning
  announcement.  Several also believe that big oil companies have conspired to
  keep electric cars off the road.

  I've got two friends that believe that the reason Bigfoot has never been
  found is that it's actually a trans-dimensional alien visitor.

  People believe all sorts of things: those people that any of know represent
  such a vanishingly small amount that you can't make any blanket statements
  based on it.

  However it is very clear to me that the Bush administration made very clear
  inferences to connections between Saddam and Bin Laden.  Did they ever say
  it outright?  No.  Did they do everything in their power to create the
  impression of link, damn straight.

  http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2003-09-06-poll-iraq_x.htm

  http://www.csmonitor.com/2003/0314/p02s01-woiq.html

  http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2003/09/16/cheney_link_of_iraq_91
  1_challenged/

  You may also want to check out the excellent book: "All the President's
  Spin" from the makers of the http://www.spinsanity.com/ website (a truly
  excellent resource).  The site (and the book) are both moderate minded and
  favor neither side.

  It seems clear to me that the Bush administration was aided by and actively
  fostered the idea of a link between Saddam and Bin Laden.

  Jim Davis