I was being a little generous. But these are the 3 I see:

* Is a vital US interest at stake?

Oil and Israel are the obvious ones.

* Will we commit sufficient resources to win?

Here I was generous. I think Bush has no compunction against
committing our resources. So I gave it the nod. I'm just not sure how
we will win.

* Will we sustain the commitment?

We're going to be there for a while, so yeah. But either way it's
no-win. If we pull out now, the fledgling government will likely
collapse. If we stay in, the anti-occupation resistance will continue
to grow.

-Kevin