I know this is late but...

In your first paragraph it really is not clear to me.. the first "he"
is Saddam and the others are Bush, right? Maybe I am just tired. I
really did not mean to be insulting. But I submit to you that a
prudent person would have made sure.

Re: responsibility, I commented some while back that while I believe
that Jimmy Carter was a good and genuine man, the fact remains that he
was president during the Iran hostage fiasco. I was thinking along
those lines here. It seems to me that Bush keeps saying that it's not
his fault because A B or C. Well, he is in charge and until he quits
worrying about who was at fault and fixes an issue (Iraq let's say)
then it will continue to be out there and a drain on our resources.

Dana