You're a wise man, your observation is clear and analysis cool (another recent posting of yours is an echo).
Maybe a great tragedy which looms ahead is that we Americans seem too human. We may elect our leader as picking a spouse because "I like her or I like him" instead of doing that like selecting a money manager ("Why do I care the sh?t about if I like him or her but make dam? sure he knows what he's doing.").