--- Gruss Gott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Didn't both Russia and China request that the US do
> exactly this?

Hell No. All nations involved want the multi-lateral
talks to continue.

> Secondly, the only real threats to N. Korea are the
> US and China, with
> the US maybe being the larger.  Most analysists I've
> read in Foreign
> Affairs and The Economist  agree with Mr. Kerry:
> North Korea has a big
> problem with the US and "mulit-lateral" talks are
> likely to be
> pointless.

That makes no sense. We had bi-lateral talks with
Clinton and set up a deal. North Korea didn't honor it
so what's the point. Clinton and Madeline Notsobright
where duped. We should fall for this again?

> This makes sense to me if you read Secretary
> Albright's story of her
> visit to N. Korea and how they treated her.  They
> want engagement with
> the US and will likely continue to pester us with
> missles and
> explosions until they get it.

Madame Notsobright went to N. Korea and was made a
fool of, she's the only one that doesn't realize it.
She went to talk about freezing their nuclear program
and the put on a show boasting their nuclear program.
Dancing Children forming the shape of atoms.
It was such an embarrassment for the US. Because of
that and everything else she did while working for
Clinton, she should really go in to hiding.

>  > Also Bush got Kerry for claiming he can solve the
> problems in Iraq
> while calling Allawi a puppet.
>
>  Allawi IS a puppet, at least according to the
> people who really
> matter, the Iraqis.  All of the polls I've seen show
> that.  Further,
> the CIA's own report describes it.

The CIA claims he's there puppet? I got to see this
report.
But, the issue isn't weather he is or isn't, the issue
is if you claim you will work better with the Iraqis
but then piss off there leader then you're foreign
policy plan sucks. Clear and simple.

> Allawi, so far, is like Comical Ali, "The
> whoooolllleee area around
> Iraq is peaceful.  All the insurgents stomachs are
> roasting in hell!"
> Then you watch the news the next day and those areas
> are at civil war.

You shouldn't get your news from Doonsbury :)