----- Original Message -----
From: Sam Morris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Kerry claims he can get all the nations to help with Iraq
> but then wants to bypass the multi-lateral

Didn't both Russia and China request that the US do exactly this?
Secondly, the only real threats to N. Korea are the US and China, with
the US maybe being the larger.  Most analysists I've read in Foreign
Affairs and The Economist  agree with Mr. Kerry: North Korea has a big
problem with the US and "mulit-lateral" talks are likely to be
pointless.

This makes sense to me if you read Secretary Albright's story of her
visit to N. Korea and how they treated her.  They want engagement with
the US and will likely continue to pester us with missles and
explosions until they get it.

> Also Bush got Kerry for claiming he can solve the problems in Iraq
while calling Allawi a puppet.

Allawi IS a puppet, at least according to the people who really
matter, the Iraqis.  All of the polls I've seen show that.  Further,
the CIA's own report describes it.

Allawi, so far, is like Comical Ali, "The whoooolllleee area around
Iraq is peaceful.  All the insurgents stomachs are roasting in hell!"
Then you watch the news the next day and those areas are at civil war.