Unfortunately I missed most of the debate do to a misunderstanding on when it actually started here in California.

But, I thought this one comment in the CBS post debate analysis was kind of interesting.  They were discussing the parties "spin" efforts to show the debate in the light each party desires.  Apparently, the Republican Party started responding to Kerry on their website something like 7 seconds into Kerry's comments and updated the site over 40 times during the debate.  Conversely the Democrats didn't update their site until after 20 minutes into the debate and then only updated their site one more time during the debate.

The analysts thought this was in favor of the Republicans, but IMHO this sounds like a defensive posture to me.  It strikes me that they were afraid of Kerry and where trying to soften the blows he was landing on Bush.  If they where responding within seven seconds they where prepared to do so well beforehand.  There is no way an ad-hoc effort could have been organized in about 1/10 of a minute.

This was all under the heading that the full effect of a debate isn't really known until at least two or three days after the debate.  These results can be radically different then the opinions collected immediately after the event.

--------------
Ian Skinner
Web Programmer
BloodSource
www.BloodSource.org
Sacramento, CA

"C code. C code run. Run code run. Please!"
- Cynthia Dunning

Confidentiality Notice:  This message including any
attachments is for the sole use of the intended
information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
distribution is prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender and
delete any copies of this message.