> Andy wrote:
> And when did this happen?  Long before the decision making on troop
> deployment.  But again, don't be bothered by the facts.

If your assumption is that the only disagreement that Gen Shinseki had
with the Pentagon is about the troop levels, and that it only happened
once when you heard about it, then it is.

What I'm saying is that Gen. Shinseki had years of disagreement with
the Pentagon, that he decided to submit his retirement request long
before the troop thing, and that his public airing of his disagreement
was a way of clearing his conscience before he left (not to mention a
bit of pride).