> Brian wrote:
> I dunno about the upper 2%, but what i've paid in taxes this year is f***ng
> ridiculous. Why can't spending deficits be resolved through less spending,
> instead of more taxing????

BELLS!  TRUMPETS!  FANFARE!!!   WOOOOO!  WOOO HOOO!   AMEN BROTHER!

LEAD US OUT OF TEMPTATION AND INTO THE PROMISED LAND OF FISCAL
RESPONSIBILITY!  WOOOOOOOOOOOO!

<-- composes self, wipes spit off of monitor -->

Ahem, I agree.  The irony about the tax cuts is that they're just more
spending - esentially we're now all on gov't welfare.  We should only
get tax cuts if the gov't doesn't need as much money as we're sending
it.

By borrowing money, since the country can't pay for all of the
spending Mr. Bush has signed for, you are essentially on welfare AND
you have high taxes.

This is like being maxed out on 20 credit cards and then taking out a
home equity loan so you can keep buying more stuff.

The US Gov't borrows $2 - $4 Billion dollars per day.  PER DAY!  We
are in that big of a hole.

This is why I cannot fathom how anyone who pays taxes could vote for
Mr. Bush.  It's also why my wife and I are slowly moving our capital
into other currencies.  Anyone who was in Europe in 2000 and then
recently knows what I'm talking about.