I disagree with your analysis.  Becoming a president is not a version of
Star Search.

-----Original Message-----
From: Gruss Gott

> Andy  wrote:
> Yikes.  I guess being president of the US is a small achievement.  Get
real.
> You can't find many that have been as successful.

Sure they have to work hard, blah, blah, blah.  But they have
thousands of handlers telling them exactly what to do, they just have
to do it.  Where's the challenge?  Let's take a closer look:

1.) First you have to meet the minimum requirements.

2.) Next, you have to win the primary.  This is a function of how good
your PR team is at destroying the other guys.  For example, Mr. Bush
got the nomination after his team turned Mr. McCain into a sniveling
coward.

3.) Finally you have to win the election.  This has the same
requirements as #2 except it's easier because you only have one guy to
beat.

What about this requires personal excellence?  Nothing except the
debates and then these aren't judged on points, they're judged on how
"cool" you are.

One could make a reasonable argument that the winner of The Apprentice
is more personally challenged than a presidential candidate is.

Being a GOOD President, now that's a large achievement!   (Just ask
Mr. Carter  ba boom ting!)