-----Original Message-----
From: Tangorre, Michael

If this does not completely remove the dirt and splotches, use a small amount
of isopropyl alcohol on the cleaning cloth that has
been dampened with water. (A small amount of vinegar can be substituted for the
isopropyl alcohol.) Again, spray the liquid on the
cloth and never directly onto the screen. Do not use paper towels on an LCD
screen as they can scratch the screen. Never use
ammonia, ammonia-based cleaners, or strong cleaners which can cause the surface
to yellow and become brittle.

It is good to have a special clean cloth that is dedicated to use on the LCD
screen. Don't pick up any old rag, as dirt particles in
the rag can scratch the surface of the screen. Special LCD cleaning cloths are
available and can be an excellent investment.

The best cleaning method is to stroke the cloth across the display in one
direction, moving from the top of the display to the
bottom.

Don't tolerate people touching your monitor!