The one I can recommend (although I haven't been in a few years) is the Eagle
Street flea market in Providence, RI. The tool dealer in there sells old tools
as scrap metal - by the pound!

Also, any older permanent flea market set in a brick mill building often has
the good old cast iron stand up tools (those old green/blue beauties) stacked
in the corners. These cannot be beat. You might need to ask oldtimers about
them, though, since they are often hidden behind piles of wicker baskets and
kitchen utensils.

Jerry Johnson
Web Developer
Dolan Media Company

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 01/10/05 03:18PM >>>

I like some of the ideas that you have here.  The only one that I had
thought of was the yard/garage sale.  I can't wait until summer to get out
there and start collecting my own personal stash of junk.  I might take a
ride one of these days down South just to junk hunt.