There is an excellent book on the economy that George Bush's advisors are
trying to push through.

Neoconomy by Daniel Altman

What is the neoconomy? That depends whom you ask. It could be the secret to
limitless prosperity. Or it could be a one-way ticket to chaos. The first
glimpses of the neoconomy appeared during the Reagan administration, but
they were soon clouded by a legacy of sky-high budget deficits. George H. W.
Bush couldn't afford it. In the Clinton years, its prospects all but
disappeared in a flurry of economic fine-tuning that delivered
record-setting budget surpluses and rock-bottom unemployment rates. But just
when you might have counted them out, the neoconomists found a savior.
George W. Bush was a businessman who understood the neoconomy almost
instinctively, and had the will and boldness to make it a reality.

In Neoconomy Daniel Altman explains the intellectual roots of the Bush
administration's economic policy; and why Bush has been so intent on
implementing it despite the dashed expectations, terror and financial
scandal that have buffeted the economy. He shows why the neoconomists remain
committed to their vision even though it has contributed to the biggest
budget deficit in history, at the end of the nation's fastest-ever swing
into the red. The neconomists are seeking to transform the American economy;
but inadvertently or not, they are also transforming American society. The
revolution is finally coming, and it's coming from above.

Read it, you will be surprised at how much has already been done.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1586482297/002-5649831-3582444