>Gruss wrote:

>Fantastic writeup!!

Thanks!

>One question though: how urgent of a problem do you think it is?  I
>would use an analogy:
>
>You're on a road trip and heading across Death Valley.  You're down to
>1/4 tank of gas and your coolant temp is almost in the red zone.
>
>Question: is gas a problem?

What does the coolant represent? I'm sorry, I'm a little slow on the uptake at
the moment.

>My view would be that yes, you'll need gas soon, but your coolant is a
>much higher priority and if you can only tackle one, tackle the
>coolant.

We need to be talking about the whole thing now, and I am glad that a
politician in Washington finally has the guts to do it. I agree with the
analogy that we still have 1/4 tank of gas. It isn't a crisis yet.

But we should start talking about reform now rather than waiting ten years for
it to be a looming crisis. The last thing I want is a bunch of politicians
making quick decisions about such huge amounts of money. If Congress and the
President can come up with a good plan in the next four years, that's fast
enough for me. Otherwise the whole darn thing will start over when the next
President is elected.