> Angel wrote:
> Drive, determination,qualification in short MERIT, may guarantee a
> White person a job in corporate America, or admission into a top
> University, but the FACT is that it did NOT guarantee a Non White the
> same position or entry. HENCE the need for the Affirmative
> action program.

This may have been true once, but it isn't any longer.

First Example
-------------------
My wife was going to grad school.  She and a group of people commuted
and part of this was just after 9/11  when the airlines did "random"
security checks.

1.) 90% of the group my wife travelled with, and probably 70% of her
class, were minorities or immigrants, i.e., not white or men.

2.) The "random" checks were a group joke because they'd call 90 year
old Martha Johnson and then the entire foreign contingent that were my
wife's colleagues.  This happened EVERY flight.  This may have had
something to do with the fact that their names were a collection of
consonants.

Second Example
------------------------
My wife did recruiting for firm that looked for Ivy Leaguers - the
majority were minorities!  Which also meant that the majority of
offerees were minorities.  In her office were people from all over the
world: South America, Turkey, Iraq, Iran, Sweden, France, Germany,
China, Japan, Australian, English, and those are just off the top of
my head.

In short the majority were non-American.  We now have a theory due
that American in on the decline - where are all the American white
males?

Summary
I could give you 20 more examples, not just in America but in Europe.
The top universities and firms are full of minorities; at least within
the last 5 years.