> Angel  wrote:
> So you can say that maybe in academics the system is stacked
> against women, but you can't admit that it's stacked against non
> whites...whether on purpose or not of course *wry grin*.

It's not stacked against minorities - as I've said a bazillion times,
just look at the numbers.  Do you have a single example of any
minority that's been well qualified for a spot at a top university and
turned down due to race?

No, you don't, because it doesn't happen and even if some idiot did
try that, your applicant certainly had 2 or 3 other schools that
accepted him; if he/she didn't then she wasn't well qualified.

Just remember: Kwame, from The Apprentice, had a Harvard (HBS) MBA,
but his dad was a slave's son.  Kwame didn't have money or connections
- he got in on intelligence and a lack of discrimination.

> And you also admit ignorance of the numerous women's movements that fight
> very hard to make a change in society and in the job
> market.

I didn't say anything about that.  What I said was that I haven't
heard ANY women complain about applying for doc or post-doc positions,
but being turned down due to a gender bias.  If there's no complaints,
and women PhDs, then there's no problem.