> Dana wrote:
>  litigation is generally expensive and not worth it. I know I have
> never bothered. I'll look at the link shortly, brunch awaits me.

Yes, but it's the device our society has decided is the civilized way
of solving a dispute and dispensing justice.  My point is, Affirmative
Action is an archaic device that creates more injustice than it solves
these days.

To see that it's not needed all you have to do is look to top
universities or top firms - they all have women or minorities.

That being said there is a point in favor of your side of things: in
at least academics the system may be stacked against women - not on
purpose, but because it was designed around men and their needs.

For example, to get a top professorship an average woman would have to
forgo having children.  This is because that career track will take
most of her time until she's in her late 30s.  Now, granted, this is
her choice, but who says the system needs to be set up that way?

It was clearly designed around men who don't have the same liabilities
when it comes to having children.

I think that's a good point, but the question remains - where are the
women complaining about it?  If they exist they're certainly not
organized.