On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 12:22:47 -0700, Dana wrote:
> Anyway, it seems to think that
> quoting someone as saying that George Bush is wrong, is bad.
"Good evening. Texas Governor George Bush tonight will assume the
mantle and the honor of President-elect. This comes 24 hours after a
sharply split and, some say, politically and ideologically motivated
U.S. Supreme Court ended Vice President Gore's contest of the Florida
election and, in effect, handed the presidency to Bush."
http://www.mediaresearch.org/rm/projects/01/cbsnews1214/segment1.ram

Now is he reporting the news or is he a commentator?

> But again, even if the man is biased, so what? He is not running a
> news show any more.
As of today and he still works at CBS.

> The original point made by Gruss was that there is
> a dearth of actual reporting of news taking place. And that people
> increasingly do as you do, get their news from a few sources and
> disbelieve all others.

As I do? Jane you ignor....
I'd say it's exactly the opposite. People used to read a paper or two
a day and read the evening news.
Now they go to yahoo and goggle and get news feeds directly from
Reuters and AP as well as hundreds of other sources. Then if
interested, they can do a search and get multiple versions of a
particular story.
This is the new media where people are no longer forced-fed the
liberal bias. Remember the Times and Newsweek knew about Monica's
dress but never printed it until it was on Drudge.
And the Bloggers reported the Rather memos were forgery within two
hours of them being posted. Rather stood by them for two weeks. I
think he still does. The news is changing and journalist with a
political agenda can no longer hide the truth :)

> And so you and I can't talk politics because
> you don't believe any sources but newsmax and worldnet and Rush
> Limbaugh and I can't stand any of them.

First of all, don't tell me what I do or don't believe.
Secondly, I find it extremely shallow of you to ignore facts just
because you don't like the source.

On that note I feel a little Pearl of Wisdom coming on....

"What perspective can you possibly have in an 18 minute newscast where
the maximum story is 90 seconds long and it's written by somebody else
and there's a formula, and the formula has not been changed in
decades, and the formula is based and shrouded in a liberal bias that
no matter how they try to change it they're not going to be able to
because that's who they are?"

"You can always tell -- particularly in television -- who the audience
is by watching the advertisers, and when you see hemorrhoid creams and
over-the-counter medicines and hearing aids and this sort of stuff
advertised you get an idea who is still watching people like Dan
Rather."
> It's a sad shame.

So sad