IMHO, the Girl Scouts have been doing a very good job of keeping up.  In
addition to the more traditional cooking, camping, sewing, etc. stuff,
they have physics, computers (constantly outdated, but what can you
do?), and other "modern" stuff.  They also do a lot of intercultural
activities.

One other thing I think GSUSA has over the BSA is their handling of
faith.  GSUSA is "non-denomenationally spiritual" while BSA is Christian.

Disclaimer:  My mom works for Girl Scouts, and I used to be a registered
adult.

--Ben