> I know exactly what you mean. They were discussing the cub scout motto and
> talking about obeying "gods laws", I had to struggle to keep my mouth shut.

I couldn't and that's why we decided to leave. They were fine with
agnostics and whatnot, as long as you never said anything about it to
anyone.

Trying to discuss religious tolerance was a big no-no as well. "yes,
all religions are allowed to join, but BSA is a "christian"
organization, make no mistake," to quote one leader.

Soured me to the whole experience. Hell of a thing to have to explain
religious bigotry to an 8 year old too, 'cause when i wasn't at the
meetings, the boys were sometimes allowed to prostlytize to my son,
the non-believer...I had more than a few "words" with pack leaders
over that.

In the end we just decided it was better to leave.

--
will

"If my life weren't funny, it would just be true;
and that would just be unacceptable."
- Carrie Fisher