> Brian wrote:
> - Personal liberties at the expense of personal responsibility.
> - The abolishment of objective truths, moral or otherwise.
> - The abolishment of public expressions of any religious order. (I'm not
> religious, but come on....some teacher wears a cross around her neck and
> this infringes on my child's freedom HOW?)

If these are your objections then your comments were a bit strong.
For example, I'm conservative but I'm not a Republican (because
they're not conservative anymore), but even if I were it wouldn't mean
I supported everything they did.

That being said, to respond:

1.) Don't know what you're referencing so I can't comment.

2.) There are only scientific truths; the rest is just stuff we like.

3.) I agree that some of the lawsuits are a bit over the top however
I'm much more comfortable with that than the slow creep of religion
into law.  That is, at such a time as I see no threat to my liberties
by the religious right and other nut cases, I'll stop supporting the
ACLU.