Ian and I are about 100 miles east of San Francisco, in Sacramento. I used to
live in SF. There are lots of things to do and see.  What type of tourist
things do you enjoy?

While we were dating my wife moved to SF to finish her Masters degree.  (Six
months later I joined her there.)  After moving her down there I woke up early
the next morning (about 4:30), around 5:00 or 5:30 I got bored and started
wandering the city.  I got a bus pass and just started riding the bus until I
saw something interesting. I'd get off the bus wander around a bit then jump on
another bus and repeat the process.

It was a great morning. I watched the Chinese shop owners hanging ducks in the
window while setting up for the day.  I checked out the wharf as the fish were
being delivered. The old Italian guys sweeping down the sidewalk in
anticipation of a busy day.  Stopped at a café (this was before there was a
Starbucks on every corner) for a cappuccino.  Jumped on a trolley for the first
run of the day and was back at her apartment before anyone was out of bed.

It was a great generally unseen view of the city, I don't even remember all the
things I saw and did that morning I just remember how excited I was about a
city that until that time I really didn't care for.  I highly recommend it.

Confidentiality Notice:  This message including any
attachments is for the sole use of the intended
information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
distribution is prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender and
delete any copies of this message.