In my opinion this is the only they can actually compete with MS on a major
level.

If I no longer have to pick my computer based on hardware and software, and
can buy whatever Hardware I want, then Apple becomes a more reasonable
option for me.

I'm still not a fan of the GUI, but it does become a more viable option.