On 7/6/05, Matthew Small <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> You can't divide everything so neatly, Gruss.  I value liberty, and I have
> my own values of human decency.  Sometimes those two things don't match.
> Sometimes they do.  Sometimes one trumps the other.  Sometimes the values of
> the whole trump the values of the individual, and vice-versa.  But that's
> why there are votes, and that's liberty at work - the freedom to vote for
> who you want to represent you, and the ability to accept that sometimes you
> don't win.  I wouldn't have voted for GWB, but I favor his stance on
> homosexual marriage. It doesn't take a Christian to have a viewpoint that
> doesn't accept homosexuality as a either a natural thing or to have a
> viewpoint that conflicts with your definition of liberty.  It doesn't mean
> that I'm against personal liberty.  Anybody can have sex with anybody they
> wish for all I care - laws don't change a thing.  But my stance is against
> the legal acceptance of the act.
>

> Matthew Small

So if the same basis for discriminating against homosexuals (a
physiological based difference among humans)  could be applied to
blacks or the disabled or other groups who could be differentiated on
the basis of other physiological differences, then that would be
acceptible.  Because by your logic, discriminating against homosexuals
or lesbians would be as acceptible as
promoting discrimination because of one's ethnic or racial background.

I'm just trying to clarify your reasoning here.

larry