hey, kinda like Coyote. He is more than Loki; he is foolish man who keeps 
trying :) I have always been fascinated by the sacred clowns, ever since I 
heard of them. 

Dana

 On 7/20/05, S. Isaac Dealey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: 
> 
> > yeah the pseudo latin used in the spells is a bit
> > annoying. But still. The target audience is what,
> > aged 7 through 15 approximately? Nor do I think
> > that overly ornate writing is, in and of itself,
> > a good thing. There's a lot to be said for the
> > lean and elegant prose of Roger Zelazny or Ed
> > McBain. The woman who wrote the sample bit I
> > pasted is actually a friend of mine, but she's
> > wrong on this one.
> 
> The first chapter of my novel is pretty stark... intentionally so
> actually... The writing becomes more detailed / involved as the story
> progresses, although I think even at the end of it there have been
> very few of what I would consider "ornate" passages.
> 
> Most of the language is pretty darn plain actually -- it's the
> situational aspect of the passages that really carries its meaning,
> like the passage where the main character mentions his only prior
> exposure to indians having been a plastic toy he played with as a
> child, and one of the other characters asking if he thought the indian
> character played with a plastic doll made to look like a businessman.
> 
> I'd be honored to be considered heyoka for that:
> 
> http://www.pantheon.org/articles/h/heyoka.html
> 
> I like the idea of Heyoka or of being Heyoka -- although there's a
> difference between being and wishing. I guess I can count points in my
> favor for having had the idea and scribed it before ever hearing the
> word Heyoka.
> 
> 
> s. isaac dealey 954.522.6080
> new epoch : isn't it time for a change?
> 
> add features without fixtures with
> the onTap open source framework
> 
> http://www.fusiontap.com
> http://coldfusion.sys-con.com/author/4806Dealey.htm
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Purchase Homesite Plus with Dreamweaver from House of Fusion, a Macromedia 
Authorized Affiliate and support the CF community.
http://www.houseoffusion.com/banners/view.cfm?bannerid=55

Message: http://www.houseoffusion.com/lists.cfm/link=i:5:165629
Archives: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/threads.cfm/5
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/lists.cfm/link=s:5
Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=89.70.5
Donations & Support: http://www.houseoffusion.com/tiny.cfm/54

Reply via email to