good example of lean. I personally don't claim HP is literature, just that 
it really doesn't matter. Is the Barney song literature? What about Twinkle 
Twinkle Little Star?

Dana

 On 7/20/05, Robert Munn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: 
> 
> It is not her style that I find limited, it is her skill with words. She 
> is ok, but not amazing. I wouldn't compare her to Hemingway, for instance, 
> and his prose is as lean and elegant as it gets.
> 
> >Dana wrote
> >Nor do I think
> >that overly ornate writing is, in and of itself, a good thing. There's a 
> lot
> >to be said for the lean and elegant prose of Roger Zelazny or Ed McBain. 
> The
> >woman who wrote the sample bit I pasted is actually a friend of mine, but
> >she's wrong on this one.
> 
> 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
This list and all House of Fusion resources hosted by CFHosting.com. The place 
for dependable ColdFusion Hosting.
http://www.houseoffusion.com/banners/view.cfm?bannerid=11

Message: http://www.houseoffusion.com/lists.cfm/link=i:5:165660
Archives: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/threads.cfm/5
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/lists.cfm/link=s:5
Unsubscribe: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=11502.10531.5
Donations & Support: http://www.houseoffusion.com/tiny.cfm/54

Reply via email to