Do you have to be a liberal to think that Fox News is biased? If so I
am, I guess. Some of the people on this list sure seem to think so,
though I personally think I'm fairly centrist.

As for safely across the country... I'm about two miles from a huge
nuclear stockpile :) If New Mexico seceded it would be the worlds's
third largest nuclear power. So it's not like the threat of terrorism
does not affect me.

Maybe it *is* a terrorist incident thwarted. Maybe it was too when
they diverted a flight because a suspected terrorist was on board,
except that whoops, it turned out to be Cat Stevens. Bummer.

Meanwhile, I think it's more likely the poll standings that provide
the key piece of information here. But I have been known to be wrong.
I don't see the story *anywhere* else, though. I am skeptical, pending
further information.

Dana