Maybe the money was for bribes, hmm? Maybe they weren't sure how that
would go over, or perhaps they decided that since they were caught
they were not going to give up anyone else.

Maybe they are from wealthy families, as the education would indicate.

My math tutor a few years back was an engineer from China, who was
happy to work for the community college for $7 an hour. I am sure he
was legal, but just because you have a foreign degree does not mean
you get an H-1 visa which is limited to 65,000 individuals a years
after all.

All in all, cause for concern, possibly even surveillance, proof of
nothing unless there is more info that has not been released.

Dana