> Babylon 5 is the best written Sci-Fi show to date
> (we'll see when battlestar is over if it tops it)

With the exception of their use of Get Smart's "cone of silence"
during the pilot episode. :P

I do like to see that sci-fi in general is elevating itself away from
the "rainbows and sunshine" of Star Trek with shows like Farscape,
Firefly and the Invisible Man (although I've only seen a few
episodes). I was a bit of a Trekkie growing up, though in retrospect I
think at least for me that had a lot to do with a lack of options.
Star Wars started out pretty decent and has gotten worse with age...
Gallactica -- both series -- are way too slow for me... They seem
intent on creating "Days of Our Lives" in space... I don't watch soap
operas -- I'm not sure why somebody being pissed off about a sordid
love affair is any more interesting if it occurs in space.

The problem with sci-fi now is very different than the problem with
earlier sci-fi tho... it's no longer the Rodenberry magic of Star Trek
that makes human nature suddenly change for the better just because
our technology improves... but rather now the writers are all over the
map... in many cases it's more like "idea soup" than a coherent story
concept. Lexx for instance... WTF?! X-Files was a bizarre mix of "idea
soup" and a formula... and the combination resulted in the worst of
both worlds. Not to mention the host of tv show ideas that take off
mostly as a way to use some interesting special effects and of course
go nowhere because that works so much better in movies than TV...
Stingray (was that the name of the show about the silver car? -- like
a better take on the theme of Knight Rider where the car wasn't
artificially intelligent -- then of course there was the motorcycle
version that went nowhere too). The show about the tabloid and Special
Unit 2 had some potential in spite of being "idea soup" (largely
thanks to being very tong-in-cheek)... I wonder why they got
cancelled.

s. isaac dealey     954.522.6080
new epoch : isn't it time for a change?

add features without fixtures with