I agree, was just writing a response that sounded almost exactly the same.

just de-modify the pledge, and all is well in the world.  but, like
Scott said, this case has more to it.  it is a ploy to set a precedent
to get any references to God out of every facet of government.  getting
this case in front of the supreme court will cause a buzz that will pit
the athiest groups vs the religious groups.