You talk about market forces and choice. Charter schools are part of
the school choice movment. Similarly voucher programs also are a
strong part of it. It it can be reliably shown that charter schools
and vouchers don't work (for the majority of students they may not)
then that sort of diminishes the idea of market choice doesn't it.

larry