At some point they will be. But during the development, the developers do
the testing.

Once it is complete. Outside people test.

This is no different from developing anything else. Do you develop an
Application, and then give it somebody else to test? Or do you develop and
test yourself at the same time.

When you feel it is ready. You give to others to test.

Then you give it to the client.

These are pretty normal steps.